At Middleman Construction Company, we are diligent in delivering our projects at the most competitive method possible, while integrating the concepts of best value and quality assurance. Cost control is crucial to any commercial project, but it is even more vital with publicly funded projects. We recognize that these type of projects are closely scrutinized by local government leaders and community members.
No matter what type of construction delivery method -- Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, or CMAR -- Middleman Construction Company participates as an active member of the project team during pre-construction/design development. This affords us the best opportunity to define and impact project goals at the lowest possible cost. Accuracy early in the design process assures that we can source the best product for the project, within the budgetary goals. By reviewing all items as a team, we can identify discrepancies and ensure that the desires and needs of the team are met.
Costs are controlled by numerous means, including but not limited to:
- Initial scope, budgets, and schedules are reviewed for content and accuracy
- Pricing and take-offs are completed at each various completion stage of the construction documents
- Scope increases are reviewed to keep the project within defined limits
- Team review is utilized to include innovative ideas and alternative systems for consideration, often referred to as value engineering
- Energy efficiency, life cycles, and available technology will be reviewed
- Site conditions are thoroughly studied for maximum efficiency at minimum costs
- Qualified subcontractors are pre-selected for inclusion to the project, and may be solicited for technical advice or information relevant to the specific trade
- Multiple subcontractor bids for each trade ensure accurate market competitiveness
- Schedule Compliance: schedules are developed and reviewed for maximum efficiency in labor and constructability
- Long lead items and material are identified early for impact on project pricing, scheduling, and delivery